Questions to Ask Before You Buy a Used Car
If you are in the market for a used vehicle, you know that the process can be difficult. Buying a car is a big purchase that takes time. You have to make sure that the vehicle you choose has everything you need and is reliable enough to get you where you need to go. Once you’ve got your sights set on a vehicle, here are some questions you should ask before you make the purchase.
Read More: Find Out Your Used Car Financing Options
- Are there any chips in the paint, rust, or dents in the body?
- Is the glass in good condition? Are there chips or cracks in the glass at all?
- Do all of the windows and locks work?
- Do all of the lights, windshield wipers and stereo system work?
- Do the turn signals work?
- Does the cruise control work?
- Has the vehicle ever been in any accidents or had major repair work done?
- Is the interior fabric clean? Are there signs of smoking or damage?
- Does the car have a spare tire and jack?
- Do the heating and air conditioning systems work well?
- Does the vehicle leak any fluids?
- Are the tires in good shape?
These are just some of the questions that you should be asking yourself or the dealer/seller of the vehicle before you purchase it. You should also make sure you test drive the vehicle at least once, and check under the hood or bring the vehicle to an independent mechanic for an inspection under the hood if you are not comfortable doing it yourself. Doing this could save you time and money down the road, ensuring that the vehicle you want to purchase is in good shape and not in need of any repairs. For all of your vehicle needs, come to Hillside Auto Mall! Our sales professionals are happy to answer any questions you may have about vehicles on our lot.